The Armed Forces of Ukraine are continuing their counteroffensive operation in Kherson region, without disclosing the already liberated settlements citing security reasons.
That’s according to the head of the Joint Coordination Press Center of the Ukrainian South Defense Forces, Natalia Humeniuk, who spoke on the air of the national telethon.
“We do have certain successes, pursuing counteroffensive action that allowed us to significantly advance eastwards, but we aren’t announcing the names of the liberated settlements at the moment because in the times of war, it’s very important to advance, liberate areas, cement own presence, and push the enemy out as far as it is needed to prevent powerful and truly brutal artillery and mortar strikes on settlements that are already under our control,” Humeniuk said.
The official noted that the Ukrainian forces are in contact with residents of the occupied territories and guerrillas who are helping the Armed Forces.
“We are in contact with them, we communicate, we support them, and we are very grateful for the powerful guerrilla movement with which they keep the occupiers anxious. Because they constantly demonstrate that Kherson and the entire Kherson region are part of Ukraine and liberation is about to come,” Humeniuk stressed.
As reported, Operational Command South stated that Russian military operatives had been shot dead in captured Kherson.
On June 20, Kherson guerrillas said in a video address that they would continue their fight against the aggressors.