Russian rocket strikes on the railway infrastructure in Zdolbuniv near Rivne in Ukraine’s west have damaged 20 houses located nearby and wounded one person.
Source: Head of the Rivne Regional Military Administration Vitaliy Koval on Telegram
Quote: “Three enemy rockets have struck the railway infrastructure in Zdolbuniv district. I have visited the site of the incident. No victims. One staff member sustained a minor injury. The windows and roofs of 20 nearby houses were damaged. We are assessing the costs. Residents are being attended to by psychologists.”
Details: Koval also added that movement of passenger trains through the district has been resumed, and the damage is being repaired.
He also called on the residents of the Rivne region to abstain from spreading videos or photos of the damaged objects in order not to direct enemy fire.
- On the morning of 25 April, air-raid sirens sounded on the entire territory of Ukraine.
- Around 8:20AM in Vinnytsia Region, explosions were heard near Zhmerynka, an important railway hub. In Lviv Region, the air defence system was activated, and fires broke out in two settlements of the Zolochiv district.
- The Chairperson of the Ukrzaliznytsia (Ukrainian Railway Company) Board Oleksandr Kamyshyn reported that on the morning of 25 April, Russian forces fired on five railway stations in the west and centre of Ukraine and that there were civilian casualties.
- As a consequence of the Russian shelling of Zhmerynka and Kozityn, another railway hub in Vinnytsia Region, several persons were killed and wounded. In Lviv Region, an explosion at the traction powere substation of the Krasne railway station caused a fire, which is currently being put out.
- Railway infrastructure was also hit by a Russian rocket aimed at Korosten, a town north of Zhytomyr. No casualties were reported.
- 30 passenger trains were delayed.