The seventh victim of the Highland Park parade mass shooting has died

0
103

According to police, a seventh victim died Tuesday from injuries sustained in Monday’s mass shooting at a Fourth of July parade in Highland Park, Illinois.

The seventh victim of the Highland Park parade mass shooting has died

Authorities believe the massacre had been planned for weeks, and they say the gunman fired more than 70 rounds from his high-powered rifle, which was similar to an AR-15.

According to police, the suspect, 21-year-old Robert “Bobby” Crimo III, is accused of opening fire from a business’s roof, which he accessed via a fire escape ladder.

According to police, Crimo wore women’s clothing during the shooting in order to conceal his facial tattoos and blend in with the crowd in order to flee.

“Crimo exited the roof after the attack, dropped his rifle, blended in with the crowd, and escaped,” police said Tuesday. “He walked to his mother’s house, who lived nearby, and he fit right in.”

Police said, Crimo appears to have purchased the rifle legally in Illinois.

Police noted, there is no known motive. When asked if the gunman specifically targeted anyone, police said the “shooting appears to be completely random.”

According to multiple law enforcement sources, Crimo, who was apprehended Monday evening after an hours-long manhunt, is answering investigators’ questions and has made statements accepting responsibility for the attack.

A law enforcement source briefed on the case told ABC News that Crimo is linked to social media posts that discuss or depict acts of violence, including shooting people.

A video posted online appears to show a portion of the same parade route where the shooting occurred.

Crimo is shown in what appears to be the aftermath of a school shooting in a video posted to his YouTube page over a year ago.

Crimo had been living with his uncle, Paul Crimo, but the two barely interacted beyond greetings, according to Paul Crimo.
Paul Crimo said he spoke with his nephew the night before the shooting and was surprised to learn of his alleged involvement.

He described his nephew as quiet and respectful, and he said the 21-year-old never mentioned guns.

Authorities said the mass shooting occurred about three-quarters of the way through the suburban Chicago parade on Monday morning.

Download The FreeDom News app For Iphone and Android – Share the Apps with Friends and Family.